Our 5 Favorite Michelle Obama Hair Moments
Posted on January 11 2016
Last night the 44th President of the United States Barack Obama gave a rousing farewell speech. I think it's safe to say that a lot of us will miss the Obamas and their history making presidency. For us here at Silky Saks when Malia started crying that was our sentiment exactly, but one of the most moving parts of his speech is when he acknowledged First Lady Michelle Obama. No doubt behind every strong man there is a woman just as strong. Michelle embodied that for eight years while being intelligent, courageous, and beautiful. She did it all with class, grace, and style so here is a look at our five favorite Michelle Obama hair moments:
5. In 2010 at a State Dinner Michelle Obama wore her bob in loose curls. The hairstyle was elegant and looked effortless and the blue one shouldered gown by Peter Soronen wasn't bad either.
4. At another State Dinner in 2015 Michelle added some length to her hair with curled extensions pushed to one side. Here at Silky Saks we love hair extensions and were happy to see FLOTUS get in on the fun of hair extensions.
3. The TIME's 100 gala of 2009 hairstylist Johnny Wright had fun with Michelle's signature bob by tucking it up and in giving the illusion of a pixie cut.
2. At the last State Dinner in 2016 she was stunning from head to toe in a rose colored Atelier Versace dress and shoulder length straight hair with side swept bangs!
Definitely she saved the best for last.
1. Our favorite Michelle Obama hair moment ironically is a style Michelle never wore. It is a photoshopped picture of Michelle in 2012 wearing her hair naturally curly as opposed to straight that went viral. The picture represented what Michelle would look like if she wore her hair in its natural state. Natural hair is a movement in the black community where women are wearing their hair in its natural curly state without the harsh chemicals of relaxers used to straighten it. The picture caused a firestorm on the internet while some revelled in the look others made disparaging and hateful comments. The hairstyle was clearly a look mainstream America is not ready for, but for us it was symbolic of the pride, beauty,
and strength in being unapologetic about who you are.
What is your favorite Michelle Obama hair moment? Share below